With any product designed to be permanently outdoors, your Builddeck Composites deck, fence, balustrade or cladding will inevitably become dirty. Take a look at our handy maintenance guide below to find out how to quickly and simply revamp your products.
To maintain the best performance of the products, we recommend that:
- The products are stored indoor in its original packaging.
- The boards must be stored flat and level, be supported above ground at every 300mm along the length.
- If stored outdoors the product must be kept in a covered area to prevent exposure to direct sunlight and weathering. They must be packed and stored as points 2.
- Similarly boards should not be stacked adjacent to sources of moisture
- Professional fork lift should be used while unloading and discharging the pallets.
- The pallet stacking maximum does not exceed 4 pallets.
- Must use new waterproof membrane wraps to protect the pallet when the initial package is broken. Do not expose the product directly to sunlight and weathering.
- Any damage occurred by man-made or other third part force majeure during stacking should be avoided
All WPC materials exposed to the weather will fade during the early months, thereafter it will remain stable. As our composite wood is a man-made recycled product, colour fade variations are to be expected. Our warranty does not cover colour fade, discolouration or water marks, stains on our products. On deliveries colour variations may occur in different batches.
Cleaning Guidelines for Builddeck Composites Products
Dirt or debris
Clean the decking to remove dirt or debris by using soap, hot water and a stiff bristle.
Use conventional wood washes or cleaners that contain bleach and detergent.
All coloured chalk lines are permanent except white. Scrubbing the area with hot soapy water with bleach may dislodge some of the chalk.
Ice and Snow
Calcium chloride or rock salt, available in many home centres, will melt ice on decking. Rinse off when first practical.
Rust Stains, Ground-In Dirt and Grime
Use a cleaning product containing oxalic or phosphoric acid base to lighten or remove the rust or dirt. Product may need to sit on stain for 10-15 minutes.
Oil and Grease Stains
Scrub in a household-degreasing agent as soon as the stain occurs. Rinse with hot water.
Berries and Wine Stains
Mix bleach into hot water according to the bleach product guidelines. Scrub the stain lightly and rinse thoroughly. The stain may not disappear entirely.
Inks may be permanent. However, scrubbing with hot soapy water may lighten the stain. Rinse thoroughly.
If you have any queries not on this list, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
Note: Periodic cleaning of WPC decking is suggested, even if it appears clean, to prevent the build-up of pollen/debris that can cause mould. If unsure about the product being used to clean/remove stains from your deck, it is recommended that you test a small area in an inconspicuous place to determine if the product will cause any unwanted discolouration.